Social Networking Sites for Your Business – How Important Are They?
Have you ever wondered if social networking sites were important to your business building efforts?
Do you think they are a waste of your time?
In this post we are going to give you the real facts…
Times are changing fast in the online and internet marketing world. What worked last year or last month may not work so well today. This puts everyone on a level playing field, and those who learn the new techniques will fare the best. So if you are thinking that because you once knew how to get ranked then there is nothing more to learn, or if you believe social media sites are a waste of time, think again because Google’s new indexing system says different.
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, Pinterest, and all the others now have a place in the “what matters” category. If you have been saying “it’s a waste of time”, or “who wants to sit around and chat all day”, or i just don’t get it” ….then it’s time to get it. No business owner or marketer wants to sit around and chat all day, but if you want to be where the action is…where there are more prospects for any biz than you know what to do with…then you need to “get it”
Social media content – videos, images, stories, ads and as well blogs, are now all being indexed by google. Those who are not utilizing these platforms are missing out on tons of free promotion for their businesses by being ranked higher at search engines. The more good quality content you have the better indexed you will be and it should not be overlooked or downplayed. The better indexed you are the easier it will be for your potential customers and prospects to find you. The more links TO your site (called backlinks), the more popular your site is viewed by search engines, especially if those links come from what are deemed as high-profile (authority ) sites. So you see we simply tie it all together.
So here is what you need to do immediately if you have not yet.
– Get a Google account and get it set up. Don’t skip things on your profile make sure all your important links are there.
– Start making as many connections as possible on the most popular social networking sites. You don’t have to become an expert at all of them right away, that can all come later…just get started.
– Participate – Don’t just scan and read … like and comment instead. Join in on conversations and engage with others. Become a participant and get yourself out there. Create a page for your business and start inviting your connections.
– If you have customers encourage them to follow you via your social networks. They will appreciate the quality content you’re putting out.
– Get business cards and include your main social networking information on your cards. Give as many away as your can…. get the word out you are expanding your network.
– Include your social networking information and links on as many promotions as you can, online or off. Make it a habit so it becomes part of your routine to always leave your social footprints everywhere you go.
– Everywhere you network include a link BACK to your website – this is CRITICAL.
When doing searches, social results will always be clearly marked as such on Google’s SERPs (Search Engine Results Page). The returns will be accompanied by a heading “results from your social circle”. For traditional Search Engine Optimization (SEO), it is just one more thing to compete with as far as website property. That’s why social networking is a much more of an important part of search than ever. Get on board now, Google will be announcing more changes to their new indexing system, so make the most of this information now.
by Brett Gurney
Striving for Excellence
P.S. Stay tuned for more Internet Marketing Tips & Techniques and guides to building the brand of YOU.
P.P.S. If you find this information valuable please subscribe to get future posts delivered to your email, and please leave us a comment…thanks!